Sunday, November 29, 2009

Fearful evening.

A short event took place, last night at my house.
my mothers ant, she who has alzheimer disease
had a scary dream.
It was 10:48 pm, she suddenly screams for help as 
she strugels to grasp reality with her eyes.
I was the first to enter her room where for the second time she asked for help.
one eye open and the other still closed with fear full 
shake she says the fallowing words in Farsi "she, 
stabbed me" pointing at the mirror in front of her. 
"she stabbed me twice and it still hurts and i don't
know why, look, look at me i am still shaking." 
she slowly grasped reality as i was standing there
comforting her with my words.
a few moments later she went back to sleep and we didn't hear from her again, until it was time to wake for breakfast.
It changed me night seeing that. she begged for her help and we could do nothing but watch. she was filled 
with fear and sorrow. she felt as if she 
was in prison and if she was at her own home all these problems would disappear.
i do not know what she was dreaming, why this event has never taken  
place before in the past 5 years of her time with us. but ....

i just dont know, and i hope she rests well tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment